From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1993 11:26:54 PDT
> Then who is the other HE team in the tournament?

That's the point. The original message (sorry, can't remember who
sent it) said that no other HE team would go to the RPI Invitational
due to the fact that they wouldn't want to play a non-league ("meaningless")
game against a team from the same conference
(Lowell).

It's hard these days to put together a quality tournament when so
much of a team's schedule is reserved for league games. I think that
an ideal tournament would have a team from each conference. If
that isn't feasable, I would rather throw in an independent, Canadian,
or a very strong D-II or D-III school rather than have a couple
of D-I teams from the same conference (if they'd agree to come).
At least that way the fans are exposed to teams they normally don't
get to see.

Chris Lerch
Xerox
RIT 84 & '91