From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1993 00:57:52 EST
The Black Bears got off to a very slow start tonight as far as their
defense was concerned. It wasn't until about the third period when
Maine caught up with Northeastern in shots on goals.

Paul Kariya, recently named Hockey East's Rookie of the Year and Play-
er of the year, made up for New Hapmshire's shutting him out last
week, as he had four points on the night, one of which was a goal.
Kariya broke Dave Capuano's single season mark of 85 points. I believe
Kariya now has 88 on the year.

And for the third weekend in a row, Kariya was whistled for a penalty.
Before the Feb. 26-27 series versus Merrimack, Kariya had only six
penalty minutes.

Cal Ingraham added two more goals to his credit this year. He now has
42.

Senior Eric Fenton scored again tonight - his 21st goal of the season.
He has missed more than 10 games this season.

If no one else does before I get the paper today, I'll post the box
score.

With a storm warning in effect with blizzard conditions forecasted
for the New England area beginning Saturday afternoon through Satur-
day night, it'll be interesting to see if the second game will be
played. I don't think they should go ahead and play if road condit-
ions aren't good for driving. Sure, the game is for the players,
but we fans pay money. Of course, the problem for the fans is we've
already paid! I'm interested in knowing what others out there on
the net think about postponing games for storms. From what I've heard,
there are no plans to even consider putting the game off for at least
a day.

||   RYAN ROBBINS                    INTERNET:                 ||
||   UNIVERSITY OF MAINE             [log in to unmask]   ||