From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 91 12:27:32 -0500
Mark Grassl wrote:

>By the way the Instone Ranking was obliquely referred to by a local
>newspaper columnist.  Let me quote him, "...two of the more interesting
>rankings are computer compilations that use formulas...".   Is there
>another college hockey ranking algorithm out there in use?  Has anyone
>heard of this other computer ranking?

The local radio station puts one out: the WBVI-Radio Computerized College
Hockey Rating. The CCHA office has been spreading it around a bit, plus you
can hear about it on 96.7 FM between periods of BG games. It is compiled
by WBVI's play-by-play man, Bartt Davis. It made its first appearance
in print in the College Hockey Weekly last week.

It is much like my rating system from last year, but even simpler. The final
rating is the sum of two winning percentages: the team's record (in Div. I) and
the team's opponents records (minus head-to-head games).

I hacked my old computer program and gave it to Bartt.

I hear some dude in Lowell is also going to be joining in the fun some time
soon.

Keith