From:
THAD MARSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1992 17:53:00 EST
        Mark,

                The player you are refering to is Mike McNamara and he
was hit hard, but clean I might add at center ice by a rather large
Plattsburgh defensemen.  It was probably the most horrifing thing I have
ever witnessed in all the years in Hockey.  It wasn't really a case
of "blindsiding" as you stated but rather two players at top speed chasing
the same puck!  McNamara choose to play the puck when the Plattsburgh
player decided to stand up and protect himself.  I must say that this was
not a maming like many would have you believe.  In fact P-burgh during
Mike treatment took time from their play making to say a prayer.  And on
Sunday the team held a mass at the campus's Newman center for the Potsdam
native.
        As to Mikes condition he was upgraded Sunday evening to serious
but stable condition.

        We all hope things get better for Mike and his family it was
hard for all who were there because we are not use to injuries of this
magmitude.

        Lets all pray for a steady improvement for Mike.