From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 90 08:48:00 CST
David Parter writes:

>> > I suspect the ref in question is Buzz Christianson, unless the WCHA has
>> > decided to confuse us by having two referees named buzz.
>>
>> I am sure I heard the guys on the radio say schneider, but I
>> could be wrong (it has happened before). I *know* he said that he
>> lives in Grand Rapids, if that is any help....

Buzz Christensen (I misspelled his name last time) is from Grand Rapids, MN,
according to the account in the Minnesota Daily of the Minnesota-Northern
Michigan series, so I presume that we are indeed referring to the same Buzz.
Perhaps the radio guys were mistaken.

>> ps: too bad they put neither name nor number on the officials'
>>    uniforms anymore, nor do they introduce them to the crowd...

Names of officials are also not being announced at Mariucci Arena, so I
presume that this is a WCHA policy.  If so, I think it is a poor idea.

-- Erik

Erik J. Biever                           --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota                     --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
Home of the 1991 NCAA Championship     --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM