From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 11:44:58 -0400
I agree with Troy.  I don't think it is such a hot idea to turn these
championships into a super ordeal.  Sure the final four makes sense to
have the big event for the given division, but the lead up events have, to
some extent, turned into, or tried to turn into, these hype happenings
that leave people either cold or out of it.  There was something nice
about the NC$$ quarterfinals at campus sites.

I suppose I can't talk, since I relish the regular season, and am seldom
thrilled with play-off hockey.  However it seems to me there is a tendency
in college hockey to forget about the everyday fan.  The events are being
taken away from us.  Like this jazz of the ECAC's always at Lake Placid.
I know some people like hiking forever to get to an event, but count me
out.  The latest in the women's game, meanwhile, is to have starting times
all over the board.  Who wants to go to a game on Sunday afternoon at 4
pm?  What's so horrid about 1 or 2 and maybe getting home before it's
dark?

Oh well - rant off - I still agree with Troy!

/
 good shooting
 hungerf