From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 08:08:07 EDT
Adam Oates (RPI), recently (yesterday?) passed Dave Taylor (Clarkson)
in the NHL's all-time points scoring list.  When I looked in the
Hockey News's Guide, I did not notice any former college hockey players
with higher point totals.  However, having been pretty much out of touch
with college hockey for many years until I found Hockey-L, there might be
someone whom I missed.  Is there any other former college player who
totaled more than about 1070 points in the NHL?

By the way, the fact that the ECAC has apparently produced the NHL's two
leading scorers who attended college clearly proves that the ECAC is
superior to the other leagues. :-)

For the benefit of the humor-impaired: That is a smiley above, which
implies that I really don't believe that this proves anything past the
point that the ECAC does produce some good players.

Ralph Baer
The school formerly known as RPI  '68, '70, '74
Picked by Adam Wodon to finish 10th in 98-99  :-)