From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:46:14 -0500
>> 4) Finally, are tickets sold as package only(?) or can you get single game
>> tix?  If its package only, that certainly would eliminate walk-ups just
>> interested in seeing a single game.
>
>Yes, they are sold only as a package.  Except for a few seats left at the
end this
>year, which were obstructed view.

While advance tickets were sold to the Knick as a package, several days before
the East regionals opened, Saturday tickets went on sale. I believe that
Sunday tickets did not go on sale until the Saturday games finished late
Saturday
afternoon.

This works for the casual hockey viewer in the east since the Knick holds
14000+
and seldom sells out for hockey regionals (It did sell out for the Phinal
Phour
in '92).
At a smaller regional site, tickets are harder to come by. The down side of
the
Knick is that you play before a half empty arena. This year I think there
was a smaller crowd than usual due to spring temperatures in the high 70's,
about 20-30 degrees above normal and the first taste of spring we've had since
the early January thaw.

I thought that someone said in a previous post that a lot of UM students
stayed
away from Yost because of the $50 ticket package price.

The package price for the Knick was $30. Even when single day tickets went
on sale,
they only charged $15 per day.