From:
Craig Lisko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:13:53 -0500
Let me preface this by saying I had overheard this while I was playing at
Ferris. I will not so who I heard this from but this was the "hope" or
"plan".

The CCHA and WCHA would eventually be broken up to form new leagues.

The plan was for the two Alaska schools along with CC and Denver to form a
new league on the west coast with the advent of new schools such as UCLA, ,
USC, Arizona, etc (you get the idea) on the west coast. The plan was then
for the remaining teams in the WCHA to fill in the missing teams with the
likes of UNO, and other schools in the area who were going to be
introducing Div I hockey.

The CCHA would also follwo suit by potentially dividing up the league into
two divisions. This portion of the divisions seemed to lose steam since
there was no adequate way to break up the division equally. Distance and
caliber of teams made this difficult. Now remember when I heard this UIC
was still in the league and the guess was that there would be a "MIchigan"
division and the other schools made up the other division. Cannot recall
the name.

I am not saying this is a good or bad idea just sharing some information
that I had heard while playing a while back.

Take it for what its worth.

Craig Lisko
Ferris State 1990-1994