From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:06:54 -0500
>I think we may see Mankato and or UNO and from
>what I hear UNO is pretty solid money wise but as some one said earlier
>SCSU is not going to want to just let someone in after they had to wait a
>while.

I respect that, but I also want to know why Mankato St. is getting all this
attention and is almost guaranteed the next spot while UNO is being ignored.
And if you say because they're one year ahead, that's about the worst
possible excuse. UNO outdraws Mankato at the gate, makes more money off of
hockey, won the head to head battle this year 2-1-1, and UNO played a much
tougher first year schedule than Mankato did last year in their first year
of Div I hockey.

The only real reason (by that I mean reasons involving money), is that
Mankato is in Minnesota and the WCHA wants another Minn. school, but down
here in Nebraska I think that's just a bs reason.

The WCHA is starting to get a bad reputation in this city, and it doesn't
look like it'll get better before it gets worse.

Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!