From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1992 01:07:57 EST
Hank Olson writes:
>  Prior to the holidays, a posting mentioned a possible meeting between HE
>  officials and ESPN representatives to discuss a TV package. Did a meeting
>  ever take place and if so, what were the results?

The meeting was actually to discuss a package that would encompass all of
DivI.  I put this question to HE Asst. Commish Nonni Daly Sunday night on
the air, and she said that talks were still ongoing and she did not have any
news to report.  My own opinion is not to be too optimistic, but you never
know.  Perhaps the ratings for this year's championship game will have some
bearing, I don't know.
---
Mike Machnik        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]