From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:10:40 -0500
On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 15:48:55 -0600 Eeyore wrote:

> This should very obviously have been a five minute call, since Leimbeck went
> into the boards head first.  But before my fellow Gopher fans get to upset,
> they should remember that Mike Anderson got away with exactly the same thing on
> Friday night.  Put simply, the officials (still) refuse to call this penalty in
> the way that the NCAA keeps insisting is a point of emphasis.  Either officials
> need to be fired, or the NCAA needs to stop lying to us.

Perhaps the NCAA is sending a different message.  I have not seen this posted yet,
so I'll mention it here.  This weekend's games at Walter Brown Arena featured
officials without name tags.  Maybe the powers that be within Hockey East want
their officials to maintain a semblance of anonymity.  Did this happen elsewhere?

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller