From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:42:24 -0600
After a discussion on the meta list ([log in to unmask]) which is
designed for discussion of list contents, and some reflection, I have
decided to implement the following policies on posts:

1.  Press Releases.

 If your post is only a press release, not a commentary on the material
contained therein, please send it to info-hockey-L.  Bill Fenwick has
agreed that it belongs on that list.  Commentary, of course, is always
welcome on hockey-l and if you are commenting on a press release, then
it is necessary to reproduce at least that part of the release that you
are commenting on.

2.  Olympic Hockey.

There are no current college players on the Olympic team.  Therefore,
please do not post material on the men's Olympic hockey.  There is a
discussion list already in existence for that.

There currently is no women's college hockey list.  Until there is such
a list, since the women's Olympic team does have current collegians, and
past collegians who have not been skating professionally, then it is
allowable to post concerning those players.  However, please remember
your audience - this is still not an Olympic discussion list and
articles should relate to specific players, not team scores, etc.

3.  Newspaper stories

If you post a newspaper story, you must have permission (copyright
laws).  Therefore, affirmation that permission to repost was obtained
should be included in your post.  If all your post contains is a URL to
a newspaper story, that should be sent to info-hockey-l.

I do not want to stifle any discussion.  My intent is not to discourage
posting.  It is only to avoid clutter that does not really contain
discussion of Division I college ice hockey.

Thanks.

Tom Rowe  -  Hockey-L Administrator
Department of Psychology
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point