From:
Jeffrey S Piek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:13:50 -0600
On 01/12/98 14:26:52 you wrote:

>Over the weekend the Nations most talented and top-scoring defenceman, Dan
>Boyle of the Miami Redhawks, injured his hand and is out for the season.
>Dan broke all of his fingers and the ligiments were torn from his bones.
>He has had surgery and is recovering. This is a major blow to Miami who
>were ranked in the top 5 in the country. We'll have to wait and see if
>this will inspire the team or whether it will crush them.

I think you have Dan mixewd up with another player from Miami.  Mark Shalawylo (So. C/LW) broke
his hand during his second shift on Friday night.  Also, we lost Sr. and team Captain, Todd
Rohloff to an injury either at Notre Dame or at the Denver Cup over the Christmas break.  It seems
the injury problem is not just limited to the basketball team which is down to only seven
lettermen after losing three starters this year due to injuries.