From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:47:08 -0500
On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Joseph M LaCour wrote:

> than what a normal game would be?  And if they were exhibition, why were
> poll results affected?

I suspect poll results are affected by any game a team plays, be it
exhibition, league or something in between. This would be because, to
someone casting a ballot, any game gives one an idea of how good a team
is, in comparison to others and in comparison to expectations.

The one example that springs to mind is the Manitoba-North Dakota game
coming up this Sunday. North Dakota is calling it an exhibition game. But
if they end up losing, I expect that they might lose some votes and
possibly move down. (Bearing in mind that Manitoba was good, but no
powerhouse in their conference last year.)

An exhibition game may have less of an effect on pollsters, but I think
it would still have an effect.

Oh BTW, does anyone know how the ticket situation is for that game? I'm now
running on the assumption that tickets aren't being sold for it up here.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards - [log in to unmask] - http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards
            "When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine University."