From:
"Brett C. Harvey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett C. Harvey
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:02:48 -0600
>The Gophers will open the 97-98 season at home with a NC series vs. Maine
>(Oct. 17 & 18)

2 games?  wow... they did a one game with CU this year...

>Also for the 97-98 season, in addition to the usual games vs. Michigan &
>Michigan State (College Hockey Showcase on Thanksgiving weekend), and
>the Mariucci Classic tournament (vs. Brown, Northeastern, and Notre
>Dame),

UGH -- this is a joke, right?   the gophs are going to play the current
bottom team from ECAC, Hockey East and CCHA for a tournament?   No offense
to those teams but where's the challenege (a total of 11 wins this year
total for all 3 of those teams)?     After having teams like BU and Miami
this year and other high rank teams last year, I would think they'd have
some higher rank teams.  It certainly can't help their PWR rankings....

>the Gophs will also play 2 home games against Mankato State.

hmmm -- what series will the gophs not have 4 games with I have to wonder.
Some set has to be cut to keep within the number of games, especially if it
is a series vs Maine to open the season.

>The 98-99 season, the Gophers will host the first of what will be an
>annual series pitting Minnesota & Wisconsin vs. Boston College & Boston
>University (Dec. 4 & 5, 1998).

again - hmmmm -- so what series will be changed or will a different
tournament be eliminated OR will the number of games they play increase?

How about a Minnesota, UMD, St Cloud and Mankato Mariucci Classic -- played
at the Target Center -- I bet it would draw HUGE crowds!

Brett C. Harvey