From:
Frank Mazzocco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Mazzocco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 23:13:41 EST
I'm just following up Karen Heasley's mention of the injury to Cam Kryway. I
talked with coach Don Lucia and one of the CC players at a Parent's Day
reception Saturday at the Colorado Springs hotel where I stayed. Both said they
expected  Kryway to be all right. It was thought he had a concussion.

Our video (MSC) showed he was conscious from the time of the collision. In fact,
I believe we showed him giving a "thumbs up" sign to the crowd as he was wheeled
off the ice. He seemed to me to have full mobility until the athletic trainers
insisted he remain immobile, a necessary and all-to-frequent precaution these
days.

Our crew said 15 minutes later he was still on the stretcher waiting for an
ambulance. Good thing they didn't have to call him a cab -- or perhaps they
should have! (Please pardon the editorial. But really, 15 minutes?)

Frank Mazzocco
Midwest Sports Channel
US College Hockey Online