From:
HARRY H WADE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HARRY H WADE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:25:21 EST
From: HWade
To: Hockey [log in to unmask]
Subject: Helmets
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:03:40 PST

After reading an article in the Dec. 31 issue of Sports Illustrated I
have gotten interested in the quality of college hockey helmets. Then I
read in one of these Hockey lists about two players at Colorado College
that are recovering from concussion. I have decided to conduct a
non-professional survey of head injuries. I would appreciate a posting
directly to me of the details on hockey caused head injuries that have
occurred this season. I would like specific information on what caused
the injury:  I e, high stick, hitting the boards or the ice, did the
helmet come off before the hit or was the helmet damaged, and extent of
injury.
I would also appreciate getting this  information on Waldo and Gudmunson
at Colorado College.
I will publish results of this survey before the season ends along with
personal thoughts.
Harry Wade