From:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 15:18:06 -0600
On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Matthew J Voss wrote:

> -I have a question for someone who watched the series this past weekend.  In
> the third period of Saturday's game, Jason Prokapetz(I believe) ran
> into a linesman while trying to hit the Gopher's Wyatt Smith.  It
> was obviously an inadvertant hit, but after he did it, it appeared that
> Prokapetz hit the linesman atleast two more times.  My question is, why
> was Prokapetz not penalized for this?  If nothing else, than respect
> for the refs, something had to be called.

I may be wrong, but I thought a 10 min. misconduct was given to the
guilty party for this.

> -This upcoming weekend's series with Northern Michigan might be the last
> in Marquette for the Gophers for awhile.  NMU is leaving the WCHA for the
> CCHA at the end of the year.

Yesterdays Pioneer Press reported that Steve Woog, who played for NMU
several years ago, may make the trip to Marquette to watch what may be
the last games the Wildcats will play against dad Doug Woog's Gophers. I
believe Steve was on the NCAA Champion NMU team (in 1991?).

-Indy Rutks ([log in to unmask])