From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 20:24:15 EDT
While this doesn't surprise me it certainly sets off a Knick Arena vs. Marine
Midland battle.  The Marine Midland has already "stolen" the MAAC Tournament
on the odd years from the Knick, despite the in-place contract, and now looks to        o
thwart Albany's bid to re-host the Frozen Four.  I have a feeling that Buffalo
might have an inside track, although I'm curious how attendance would be.  I    thi
think the NC$$ owes the Knick another chance to host since they've done a pretty
decent job with the Regionals, but I don't know whether the NCAA would consider
that in their bid process.

What does surprise me is the involvement of the MAAC Commissioner in the sel
selection process.  That would seem to me to be fraught with peril since that
puts him directly at odds with Albany and MAAC member Siena College, the host
for the Knick edition of the MAAC Tournament.

This may provide some more ammunition for Siena in evaluating its continued
participation in the MAAC, particularly if it seems to be tilting toward the
Western members.

One other question: who would be the host team? Cornell?  Somehow I keep seeing
a reprise of this year's Riverfront Coliseum fiasco, but then I see hockey
through rose...er cherry colored glasses.
Brian Morris                     RPI Engineers--A Different Team Perhaps