From:
"Todd D. Milewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd D. Milewski
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:51:53 -0500
At 11:55 AM 4/15/96 -0400, Jim Love wrote:

>- Given that this year's Phinal Phour (tm) featured a representative from
>    each Div1 conference, I'm surprised/pleased to see that UNH has games
>    scheduled this coming season against 3 of the 4 phinalists, including a
>    match-up with Colorado College in the first round of the Badger Classic,
>    the 'Cats first such tilt with the Tigers since the waning days of the
>    interlocking HE/WCHA schedule in 1988-89.  Well - maybe .... Wisconsin's
>    tentative schedule posted earlier has UNH-UVM (in which case the Cata-
>    mounts would become a pseudo-Hockey East team in the eyes of UNH, this
>    being the *third* game 'twixt these two former ECAC rivals before New
>    Year's Day :-) as one of the two Badger Classic semifinals, so it re-
>    mains to be seen which schedule will out in the end ....

I can say with some degree of certainty (I swear it's tenative! :) ) that
the Badger Hockey Showdown lineup goes as follows:

1st round: CC vs Vermont in the 5pm game and Wisconsin vs New Hampshire in
the second game at 8.

I don't think any of the people making up the schedule for the Showdown this
year want to see another Badger "fiasco" like last year's first-round loss
to Notre Dame.  Therefore, Wisconsin will play the non-Final Four team the
opening night.

But please, like I've said before, please don't count on this being true.

Todd D. Milewski   [log in to unmask]
"When you say Wisconsin, You've said it all!"