From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 13:23:00 EDT
Tony Buffa writes...
>I know of no law of physics that enables you to pick up the puck
>with the blade side down, unless there is lots of stickem. It is my only
>look at it and it was quick,so I may be wrong, it did NOT look like he
>started with the blade under the puck!!

You press down with your stick on one side of the top of the puck,
causing the puck to make a 180 degree revolution from top to
bottom.  As the puck is moving, you slide the blade of your stick
under what was just the top side of the puck before it completes
its revolution and smacks back down to the ice, flat.  (Most pucks
have a logo on one face, so...if the puck is on the ice logo side
up it will now be on the blade of your stick logo side down.)  If you
repeat this exercise enough, you can become fluent with it.

I haven't repeated it nearly enough.  !=^)

John H ([log in to unmask])
Btw...I haven't seen the goal for several days now, but I assume
that this is how Mike "scooped" up the puck even though the
puck started in a flat position on the ice.