From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 09:53:07 -0700
For those of you who might have missed it,the "lacrosse" goal was shown
one more time on national TV.  The Today Show had it on at 735 AM local
time, during Len Berman's comedic look at the month of March in sports.
Of course it was buried amongst basketball, but what the heck. It was
really my first time view, and it sure looks to me like stickem was
involved. I know of no law of physics that enables you to pick up the puck
with the blade side down, unless there is lots of stickem. It is my only
look at it and it was quick,so I may be wrong, it did NOT look like he
started with the blade under the puck!!

Whatever, it was great.  Len Berman even went on to describe it as the
"lacrosse" style goal and mention that Mich went on to win the NCAA, and
even "you could see why with that kind of talent" ... no comments about
basketball, quite amazing.  Even Bryant Gumbel chimed in with a comment
about the NCAA possibly banning that kind of shot.

All in all, a good morning for college hockey.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64