From:
Zac Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zac Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 12:37:21 -0500
On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Karen Ambrose wrote:

> I think we have to be careful not to judge the post-collegiate success of
> Hobey Baker award winners by their success, or lack of success, in
> professional hockey.  As we devotees of the college game are aware, the pro
> and college games are very different.  These differences provide for many of
> us the reasons why we prefer the college game over the pro game.  I prefer to
> remember the collegiate accomplishments of our Hobey winners.  If they are
> able to add to those success at the professional level, so much the better!
>
> Karen Ambrose
> UNH '72

I concur with Karen.  I love college hockey because of the distinct
differences between it and the Pro game.

Elements of the college game such as automatic icing, legalized two line
pass, and, in some cases, Olympic size rinks, differentiate college
hockey from pro hockey in a positive manner.

This year's Hobey winner (Bonin) may not cut it at the NHL level due to
his size or some other factor but he is a fine college hockey player.