From:
Michael Smar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Smar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:21:16 CST
** Reply to note from Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]> 03/28/96  8:24pm -0500
> This is certainly a sad day for college hockey.  I'm sure people closer to
> this will have more to day.

Why is it a sad day? A terrible hockey program died. Much like a New Orleans funeral, have
a party and mourn the loss of a program that tried but failed. As has been mentioned on
the list before, there are a number of schools that would love to have the chance that UIC
did. Let's give it to them. Do we really want college hockey to drop to the level of
college football and basketball. Every podunk university in the country is trying to run a
Div 1 basketball program just to make money. A number of football programs are run that
why too. Ever wonder why the Northern Illinois Huskies sacrafice themselves upon the alter
of Miami football. Money$$$$

The real pisser for me is that I'm looking to move back home to Chicago, and I was looking
foward to seeing college hockey (even if it was bad) up close and personal. OH well, the
best laid plans of mice and men...

Mike Smar [log in to unmask]
UIC'84