From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 15:21:23 -0600
On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Charlie Shub wrote:

> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 14:35:19 EST
> > To: <[log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: re:Re: WCHA week off
> >
> > Hi Charlie -
> >
> > As you know, if Lowell happens to beat MSU Saturday, then we must play CC
> > on Sunday.  For someone who can only view the WCHA from afar, I was
> > wondering if you might be able (and/or willing) to give a brief scouting
> > report on CC.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >    - Steve

HOW to beat Colorado College
-----I would watch the MTU/CC game from the Final Five.....Tech played a
very disciplined game, kept the puck to the perimeter, and played a bump
and grind style of game......It was like the Devils/Detroit playoff final
last year...Tech shutdown CC's high powered offense....Tech plays quite a
physical game that can wear down teams, I think CC on average isn't a big
team with smaller forwards ( but highly skilled and very speedy), this
style of game is affective against CC....Tech tied CC twice also during
the regular season, so this win at the FINAL FIVE wasn't a fluke...
---To top that off your gonna need some decent refs....If it turns into a
special teams war, you might as well not even attend the game....CC has
an unbeleivable power play, Those of you who haven't seen it yet, don't
blink, CC moves the puck around very well and usually scores within the
first 30 seconds of the power play....To compare it on an NHL level, it
would be comparable to the Penguins, nice one-touch passes, overloading
the zone on one side- allows for that one timer from the weakside winger
or a well placed shot from the point.....

I would not match your big line with CC's big line (Gerenozzo/Schmit/ ?)
-instead play your best defensive line against this big line, but also
watch out for those other lines, they can all put the puck in the net...

--I think Michigan/Minnesota/LSSU/BU - would all have a pretty good shot at
beating CC if they play, Minnesota especially because they've seen CC
already this
year... the other teams chances aren't quite as good, but anyteam can
beat anyteam on any given night...If you aren't one of the 4 above teams
though, your have to get a few bounces go your way and play a textbook
game......
Good luck to all teams...........

just a thought,

Jason Roy