From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 14:24:07 -0700
Last night, tim posted his estimate of the tournament seedings.
He derives precisely what I derived:

> Date:         Sat, 16 Mar 1996 23:39:36 -0600
> From: Tim Brule <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      My NCAA Tournament seedings
>
> At Munn                   At Albany
> 1W  Colorado College      1E  Boston University
> 2W  Michigan              2E  Vermont
> 3W  Lake Superior         3E  Minnesota
> 4W  Michigan State        4E  Western Michigan
> 5W  Cornell               5E  Mass Lowell
> 6W  Providence            6E  Clarkson
>
> The one concern I have about these brackest are that they possibly set up
> three second round matchups between teams in the same confernce. But with
> the CCHA having 4 teams, Hockey East 3 and the ECAC 3 this seems almost
> unavoidable.
>
> Tim Brule

My proposed solution to your the quarter final matchups problem is to
A) swap the #3 seeds
B) swap 5 and 6 in the east regional.

that gives

At Munn                   At Albany
1W  Colorado College      1E  Boston University
2W  Michigan              2E  Vermont
3W  Minnesota             3E  Lake Superior
4W  Michigan State        4E  Western Michigan
5W  Cornell               5E  Clarkson
6W  Providence            6E  Mass Lowell

Michigan State            Lake Superior
Cornell                   Mass Lowell
    Colorado College   Vermont

Minnesota                 Western Michigan
Providence                Clarkson
    Michigan           Boston University

no inter conference matchups until the finals

charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369