From:
Lisa Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1991 14:52:06 EST
I have a couple miscellaneous things I'd like to share with you.
1. Lappin heckling.
You may have read about the arrest of Mike and Chris Lappin in connection
with an altercation involving a baseball bat in Canton, NY.  Charges were
subsequently dropped for Chris, but not Mike.  Anyway, when the St. Law-
rence Larrys (they can hardly be called "saints" if they have arrest rec-
ords) where here Friday night, the friendly Lynah Faithful made them
feel welcome.  The crowd chanted "jailbait", "guilty", and (my personal
favorite) "Bat boy" when Mike Lappin was on the ice.  Also, once Cornell
had the game well in hand, the crowd would point to the Cornell end and
chant "hockey team!", then point to the Larrys' end and yell "baseball
team!"  Also, one time when Lappin picked up his stick someone yelled
"Wrong piece of wood!"  These helpful suggestions should help the rest of
you around the ECAC.
2. Graffiti
David Katz wrote a column for the Cornell Daily Sun in which he quoted
Engineering Library graffiti.  My favorite was "Jesus saves.  Gretzky
with the rebound.  He scores!"
Happy Thanksgiving
Lisa Sweeney
CWRU '88, Cornell '93?