From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 19:00:37 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Sean Pickett wrote:
>> BEST ARENAS
>> EAST
>>   1 Conte Forum, Boston College
>>   2 Gutterson Filed House, Vermont
>>     Thompson Arena, Dartmouth
>
> Having been to almost every Eastern Divison I rink (I have
> not been to Cheel Arena, Clarkson or Achilles Rink, Union)

You ain't missing anything with Union - but I can't believe Clarkson
was left off the list -- this place is great.  Best I've ever been in.
   As for Thompson, interesting it made the list - because I do think
it's a great rink -- the problem is, there's not many fans because the
team isn't good - but the rink is nice, and the ice surface is the best
in the league, I think.

>> TOUGHEST ARENAS TO VISIT
>> EAST
>>   1 Walker Arena, Clarkson (no longer used)
>>   2 Gutterson Field House, Vermont
>>   3 Lynah Rink, Cornell
>
> Since Walker Arena, is no longer used, I think it is not
> fair for it to have been listed.  As a fan I did find it
> tough to visit, however the Terriers won the game.
> My list of toughest would be:
> 1 Alfond Arena, Maine
> 2 Lynah Rink, Cornell
> 3 Volpe Complex, Merrimack
> 4 Gutterson Field House, Vermont

Interesting that all were ECAC rinks - I never had the pleasure of
making it to Walker - but I've heard nothing but good (bad?) things.<G>
   I personally think there's no place like Lynah -- what would Alfond
be like if the team wasn't good?
   And Gutterson, with the whole balcony section seemingly hanging over
the visitor's goal.  Alfond can't compare.

>> TOUGHEST ROAD TRIP
>> EAST
>>   1 Clarkson-St. Lawrence
>>   2 Maine
>>   3 Cornell-Colgate
>
> Having gone to the one trip the Terriers have made to
> Clarkson and St. Lawrence (I believe taht they will make
> the trip again next season), I agree it is a very tough
> trip.  However, since I made it in a three day snow storm,
> I am not sure if it is usually better, or always that bad.

This, I think, is OVERALL, not just because of travel.  When you say
toughest, it also means because who you are playing.  I mean, Yale-
Princeton is a pain in the neck, but no one's worried.
   Clarkson-SLU wins hands down, and it was nice to see SLU come back
this year to again make it a hell weekend.  I never thought of Colgate-
Cornell as a tough weekend, but I guess it could be.  Of course, the
travel to Maine is a lot, relatively, for HEAC people -- but Clarkson-
SLU is 6 hours for many schools in the ECAC.

AW