From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1991 11:15:56 CST
from Gophers' Notes in today's (11/15/91) St. Paul Pioneer Press:

	The other collegiate leagues have been calling 75 percent fewer
penalties than the WCHA this season - and the Gophers' performance at
Michigan a week ago was affected.
	"We had Central Collegiate Hockey Association officials and they
weren't calling the game as closely," coach Doug Woog said.  "Our kids were
left standing around not knowing what to do for a while.  The Michigan players
were hitting like we have in the past and no penalties were getting called."
	Woog said he spoke by telephone with (WCHA Commissioner Otto)
Breitenbach to discuss the situation.  "I'm confident Otto will get everything
straightened out," Woog said.

-Pam