From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark J. Sonnier
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 15:03:01 -0800
I just spoke to UAA's Head Trainer Chris Volk about Seawolf goalie Chris
Davis' condition.  As some of you may recall, he was run into by a Michigan
Tech skater while coming out of his crease to challenge on a breakaway.  (I
think that's what happened, but I gladly defer to MTU fans who attended the
game.)  The official word is that Chris is will miss the this weekend's
series at Denver but is probable for the Dec. 8/9 pair with UMD here in
Anchorage.  Apparently his knee isn't as bad as first thought, much like
Emmitt Smith's.  Freshman Doug Teskey, the WCHA's #5 ranked puck-stopper,
will get the nod at DU.

When I asked SID Dave Mateer about Glenn Thornborough and Todd Bethard, who
were also injured in the MTU series, he indicated both would miss the DU
series.  Thorborough is experiencing problems with a strained chest and
related nerve endings but is day-to-day and probably will play against UMD.
Bethard had wrist surgery this week and will likely be out until the
Wisconsin series the first week in January.

Mark
Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.                                 Voice (907)786-6505
Purchasing Agent                                          Fax (907)786-6515
University of Alaska Anchorage           e-mail: [log in to unmask]
  UAF Hockey fans say: "Sure wish our first full CCHA season was 1993-94"