From:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 12:43:44 EDT
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Phone: (502)852-5752; Fax: (502)852-6222

On the Tues before the Hockey Final Four we went to a BU practice and happened
to get there early. There was a lone goalie on the ice obviously waiting for
someone and doing some skating and shooting. With no effort at all he lifted 5
or 6 pucks over the net from the blue line. A few min later Bill Berglund, the
goalie coach, came out and worked with him using tennis balls and pucks. He
looked pretty good, but left the ice during the practice. From various posts
this may have been McKersie and if so, he looked awfully good and I wouldn't
be surprised to see him play next yr.

That left 3 goalies on the ice for practice who based on the 3 at the Hockey
Final Four must have been Herlofsky, Noble and Ferrulo(sp?). Herlofsky
graduates and they have recruited another which means they will have 4 goalies
next yr if McKersie returns. Perhaps they aren't all on scholarship???.

Lastly, the skaters were wearing colored jerseys for lines & defense, but
Grier was the only one we could positively identify. Regardless, I was very
impressed how similar all the players were in ability level and this was
clearly the difference in the Hockey Final Four. Both Minn and Maine played BU
fairly evenly for 1-2 periods, but BU easily won the last half of the games
with what always seemed like fresh legs, the offensive ability of all of their
lines, and strong defense.

"An apology is the superglue of life"
Lynn Waterson