From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 08:56:00 EST
As Jack Berenzweig mentioned, no one seems to be
chiming in on this one, so I will...for fun only though,
because I have ZERO information/knowledge where
this is concerned.

Well, I do know one thing.  I know that I already miss
Ric Schafer.  Simply put, he's a charming individual.
As a collegiate coach, he doesn't have any Division I
national titles, but his legacy as "founder" of the Alaska
Fairbanks program and "reviver" of the Notre Dame
program will live for a very long time.

The next coach at UND?  How about Tom Carroll.
I don't have a UND guide handy, but the last time I
checked he was a top assistant and Schafer has
spoken highly of him.  Again, I can't verify it, but I
*think* Carroll is a BU grad.

Or...Mike Milbury?  As far as I know, UND hasn't
overcommitted their scholarships. (Couldn't resist.)
And, Milbury seems to be in the market for a
private school for his children to attend now that
BC is out.

HUMOR=FULL ON (No disrespect to Coach S.)
How about Gerry Faust?  He seems to have the
magic touch for having the Irish hover near .500.

John H
U Mich
not qualified to fill any CCHA coaching vacancy