From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 1995 02:46:44 EST
I didn't write down who posted this (was someone from BU), sorry:

"No one has any type of outstanding record in this conference (ECAC)
except for Clarkson, and i don't believe the notion that all of the
ECAC teams are strong, and that parity is the explanation for what's
happened in the ECAC this year."

What???  Clarkson's record is outstanding? (no offense to CU here)
If you look at the records for the ECAC, you would realize even if
you look as low as 8th (i.e. SLU), the teams had 15 wins or more.
Clarkson only had 20 wins on the season....not *that* much noticeable
difference I would say.  Seems to me that most of the records were
very similar, especially when looking at Clarkson, UVM, Colgate, etc.
(also keep in mind that one of Clarkson's wins was to a Div.III
school).

As for parity, I would say that, at least from my perspective,
it was not so much parity as mass-inconsistency.  *Every* team in
the ECAC played some outstanding games and some crappy games.  There
was no easy game, *ever*, and no points were "easy points."  From
my direct experience, SLU could have beaten any team in the ECAC if
they were having one of the outstanding games, but by the same token
they could have lost to Dartmouth or Yale if those teams were playing
well.  It is just plain inconsistency...I think Clarkson may have
gotten over this though, I say watchout for them or Princeton in the
NCAA's. (Colgate could do some damage too).