From:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 1995 23:27:09 -0600
        I made the trip down from Grand Forks to St. Cloud to see the game
at the National Hockey Center and I must say that I was thrilled with the
Result. I'd rate that Rink up with the Gophers home pond great  just awesome.
        First the National Hockey Center is a Great Place to watch a game.
The Sound system as far as music is concerned is great. But it is hard to
understand what the announcer is saying they turn out the lights and
annouce the players like UND does, how ever it is almost pitch black
the Guy that does the PA is great, it was quite intertaining. The place
errupts when the home team scores a goals load as heck. Like the guys of
MSC said I don't know how the students can sit through a Economics
lecture after experiencing that?
                        Sweep
        UND 5 AND SCSU 2**********UND 3 AND SCSU 2
        Two great skating games and some great goal tending. Both games
featured a lot of hit cross bars and failed break aways. The huskies
displayed a lot of skating speed but left many 3 on 1 and 2 on 1 break aways.
        Landon Wilson came to life with 3 points for the Series and he
dominated the second game. He stayed out of the Penalty box two nights in
a row.
        I was perturbed at the St Cloud annoucers after the first game
when they said that UND Shocked the Huskies. It was a great effort by the
Sioux. On my way out of town (on sat) I listened to the Voice of the
Huskies Radio  a local station 1400 somethingand I forget the call letters but
they gave all of the Game stars to the Fighting Sioux. The stars where as
followed below.

        (1) Landon Wilson
        (2) Nick Namenkio
        (3) Kevin Rappana

        This has to has to be the Best Series that I have seen in a long time.
I really like watching Hockey games on the Bigger Olympic Ice Sheets the
game becomes a wide open style of games defense is important but it is
harder to defense a team that free wheels like the Huskies... I take my hats
off to the SCSU University for the Great time I had watching a game in your
Arena it was a real treat.