From:
Scott Ayen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Ayen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 03:27:56 EST

On Fri, 10 Mar 1995 15:30:28 EST
Jeffrey M. Beyer Said:

>Same here, I'm not too familiar with other ECAC rookie defensemen, but Shane
>Ness of Dartmouth was very consistent...didn't score a lot of points but played
>some great stay-at-home defense.

Hmm, Seems to be a connection that Defenseman have to be good at scoring
    or lucky enough not to have a team where complete defensive focus is
    needed.  For Defenseman of the Year in the ECAC - a candidate
    COMPLETELY over-looked was Jeff Kungle from SLU.  He was over-looked
    because he does his job, play defense, and not try to be the hero
    and be a wanna-be forward (Brian Muller of Clarkson) who always seem
    to stand out as the "best".  Maybe that impulse is correct but I
    still would take a Kungle over a Muller anyday. Offense is for
    scoring and defense is to prevent scoring. None does that better
    Jeff kungle from SLU. (Granted I am biased but I do speak the truth)

While I am on the subject: Rookie of the Year

Hmm,  seems to me like 3 canadates  { Reason }
  1) Trevor Konte, Union  GOALIE  { Impressive last 3-4 weeks }
  2) Clint Owen, SLU  GOALIE    {Rookie of the Week(ROW) FOUR times}
  3) Paul DeFrancesco, SLU  CENTER  {35 PTS as a freshman  ROW 2 times}

Of the 3 the most talented would seem to be SLU Center DeFrancesco
   Once again a biased opinion but from all of the other freshman I
    have seen- It doesn't get much better than DeFran

Sorry for the SLU Psychobabble but these things needed to be pointed
  out before I lost my mind.

Scott Ayen SLU '96

"I cast my ballot for ECAC Referee of the Year for Brown Head Coach
     Bob Gaudet.  He had some great officiating calls through out the
     season."