From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 23:27:44 -0500
>Paul Kariya--highly paid rookie for the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.  Favorite of ESPN
>for features (and deservedly so).  Don't have the currents stats, but he's
>certainly not replicating his collegiate career.

How can one expect Kariya to duplicate the numbers he put up in college
(25-75--100 in 1992-3) in the NHL?  That is absurd, the competition is so
much better first off, he is the probally the player that every other team
puts their best defender on because of a lack of overall talent and just as
another note, last I knew he was at the very least among the top rookies in
the NHL scoring wise (he was leading that last I knew actually).  Paul is
not playing with the greatest talent either, the Ducks were built originally
for defense, give them 5 years or so, and get some quality offensive players
in there and watch what happens.  You get some people with some hands, and
Kariya will put some some great numbers.  Not everyone comes into the NHL
being labled "the next Gretzky", but these things take time.

Deron  Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
The University of Maine (26-2-6)  GO BLUE!!
Can it be?  HE Glory, is one game away!!