From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 09:58:50 -0400
Luiz F.Valente wrote, in response to ECAC rookie of the year
talk,
>I was impressed by Casson Masters of Princeton. Can anyone who
>follows Princeton on a regular basis tell whether I'm on or
>off the mark?

Masters has the speed and hands to be a great player; I'm not
sure he has the upper body strength to match. He formed a nice
team with classmat Matt Brush in the first few weeks and that
is when Casson picked up most of his points. He hasn't produced
nearly as well since being seperated from Brush, while Brush has
been reasonably productive as the finisher on senior Ian Sharp's
line. I like Brush's grit - I consider him the Eric Perrin to
Masters' Martin St. Louis, although the Princeton rookies are
clearly not in the same class as Vermont's sophomores. Of
course Brush is a year older than Masters, too. Princeton's
best rookie might even be goalie Erasmo Saltarelli - 34 saves
in the 3-1 win over Brown, but generally relegated to backup
duty behind James Konte.

What does Adam Wodon think? He's seen Masters more than I.

Geoff Howell
The Trenton Times
Drop the Puck

   zz