From:
"John W. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John W. Davis
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 09:26:15 EST
I have to admit, I don't have anything to add
to this discussion (at least anything that is useful).
But that has never stopped my before from opening
my mouth (or computer as it were).  And it certainly
never stops Stephen King (sorry all you Maine folks,
but if anyone has read Insomnia, you know what I mean).

Overall, this may seem like more of a woof than anything
else, but here goes.  If we want to look at just the number of people
who go to games (and like any good demographer, always
look at the stat that best supports your stance:}), I
think Madison bears a look.

UW plays at Dane County Col., which holds about 8500 or so.
I've been told that before last year (when MN opened the new
and somewhat bigger Marrinucci (SP?)) UW led the nation in
attendence for 23 or 24 years.  I don't make this stuff up,
I only relay rumors!

Also, one may consider Maine (is it Orono or Bangor?).  Being
probably the only game in town, the people must be nuts for it.
Rumor has it, that Stephen King was secretly in attendence
for Maine's championship game in Milwaukee.

Anyway, go ahead and tell me I'm nuts (it won't be news to me).

BTW, Kudos (is this the right spelling?) to Carol for the
hockey t-shirts!  When I wore people looked at me funny
(or rather funnier).

later

jd

ON WISCONSIN!