From:
"Brady W. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brady W. Clark
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 01:49:17 +119303728
        This was an amazing 60:40 of hockey.  Down 2-0 to the
league's dominant team less than 10 minutes into the game, the
Seawolves could have pulled their patented disappearing act and
suffered another 8-2 or 7-3 rout like we have seen them do often this
season.  But the Seawolves stepped up and played a hard game to the
very end.
        I would personally give one out the three stars of the game as
follows:
1. Mark Stitt
2. Lee Schill
3. Stacey Prevost
        Senior Team Captain Mark Stitt stepped up tonight.  During a
disappointing nine game losing streak suffered by UAA earlier in the
season, Stitt held the team together, showing the most consistant
effort and leading the team by example, doing credit to Coach
Christiansen's choice to award him the team captain's position.
Although he leads the team in points, most are assists.  Tonight he
stepped up for two goals of his own, including a short-hander in
overtime to win the game, capitalizing on his last opportunity to
notch a win against CC, something that UAA has failed to do as a
member of the WCHA until tonight.
        Coach Christiansen has got to be happy tonight to have finally
taken a win from Don Lucia's Tigers... Lucia was Christiansen's
Assistant coach at UAA from 85-87, and was then the head coach of
UAA's arch-rival Alaska-Fairbanks from 87-93.  He said on the radio
broadcast following tonight's game that he had had more fun coaching
tonight's game than he has had coaching in quite some time.
        A related side note:  When UAA faces Michigan Tech in Houghton
Friday night, it will be the Seawolves' 500th game since the inception
of UAA's hockey program in 1979.  As the program's founder, it will
also be Coach Brush Christiansen's 500th game as UAA's coach.  He will
enter that series with a 277-197-25 record.
--
Brady W. Clark -- System Manager, saturn.uaamath.alaska.edu    UNIX?  At UAA?!?
University of Alaska Anchorage Department of Mathematical Sciences