From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 11:41:21 -0500
It was released:

> Here is a national hockey media compilation of 25
> players that could be in the hunt for the trophy, based
> on their past performances:
>
> GOALIES:
> Mike Buzak SR Michigan State
***> Derek Herlofsky SR Boston Univ
> Todd Reynolds SR Northeastern
> Lee Schill SR Alaska Anchorage
>
> DEFENSEMEN:
> Keith Aldridge JR Lake Superior
***> Rich Brennan SR Boston Univ
> Ashlin Halfnight SO Harvard
> Kelly Hultgren SR St Cloud
> Chris Imes SR Maine
> Brian Mueller SR Clarkson
> Brian Rafalski SR Wisconsin
> Dan Trebil JR Minnesota
>
> FORWARDS:
> Jean-Francois Aube SR Northeastern
> Greg Bullock SO Mass Lowell
> Anson Carter JR Michigan State
> Craig Hamelin SR Rensselaer
> Mike Knuble SR Michigan
> Steve Martins SR Harvard
> Jay McNeill JR Colorado College
> Brendan Morrison SO Michigan
> Rem Murray SR Michigan State
***> Jay Pandolfo JR Boston Univ
> Wayne Strachan SR Lake Superior
> Sean Tallaire JR Lake Superior
> Landon Wilson SO North Dakota
>
> NOTE TO MEDIA: Inclusion of players on this list does
> not constitute any kind of endorsement as a potential
> finalist or recipient of the Hobey Baker Memorial Award,
> either by the Decathalon Club or HOBEY WATCH.  It is
> intended for the information of the nation-wide hockey
> media and has no bearing, official or intended, on the
> eventual selection of the 1995 Hobey Baker Memorial
> Award recipient.
>

> John Haeussler
> Univ of Michigan

1st, Thanks John for posting this.

2nd, It is a somewhat amusing choice of who from BU is on there.
Not to sound like Neil Goldberg, but the BU players on the list are the
exact three who standout the most in terms of choking the most during the
champ game last year.

3rd, although I agree with many of the non-BU players on there, from a
purely BU angle... Pandolfo over Joubert???  Please.  When looking at the
BU forwards this year, I would take Joubert over Pandolfo without hesitating.
Heck, I'd take O'Sullivan and Bates over Pandolfo also.  Don't get me wrong,
Jay's a really nice guy and is actually one of the better forwards at BU, but
I would place $$$ on the other three long before Jay [Pandolfo].

Just my 2 cents as a critical BU fan.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre

P.S. - I am now convinced more than ever that BU is one of the two most
talented teams in the nation.  For BU to play THAT badly in two games this
past weekend and still come out with 3 points (NCAA) is mind-boggling.
No average-talent team could ever do that.  *But, mind you, they have to
get their extremely talented team to play hockey or they will be in for a
VERY short post-season!*