From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 17:17:04 -0500
Some interesting numbers that I've sort of pulled from the standings of the
three conferences that are well into conference play:

Hockey East     12 games played, 4 shootouts
CCHA            24 games played, 1 tie
WCHA            27 games played, 1 tie

Sort of makes you wonder if HE teams are playing for the shootout.

(No flames please.  Just an observation.  It seemed really weird to see so many
shootouts happening this early in the season, when the number of ties in the
other two conferences are almost negligible.)

Note: those are CONFERENCE games only that I listed above.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University 5-0-1, 6-0-1
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?