From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 15:55:36 EST
Every ticket I've ever sold or bought or seen has been a revocable
license or permit.  At Maine, a warning is given, but if some rule
continues to be ignored, then the person is removed from the arena.

It would be a very rare case for someone to be barred from the arena,
but I think it has happened.

Most arenas have rules and procedures such as you describe, except I've
never heard of a "yelling" rule ...  maybe language that is used, but
not yelling.  Rules are generally made because of safety (generally
recognized hazard or file marshall order) or comfort (view obstruction
or liquor or language or ther harassment of nearby fans).  Increasingly,
sportsmanship is being taken more seriously.  If you get to your arena
early enough, you will hear a pregame announcement on sportsmanship.  It
is dictated by a new NCAA rule.

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]