From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 1994 23:14:50 MST
the first period was absolutely even except for the one CC power play
goal (with an anchorage defender also breaking a stick)

R.J. enga opened the lead to 2-0 with a pretty fake on a 2-1.  Then
there was a collision at the net that brought the seawolf trainer out
on the ice to tend to the goalie hit by an errant stick (a seawolf
defender was penalized on the play) and the goaltender wasn't the
same, letting in 4 goals before the end of the stanza.

Anchorage came back with 2 in the 3rd to cut the gap to 6-3, but their
momentum was killed when CC got a couple more to open the gap back to
5.  I felt the game was closer than it looked, and i learned from the
seawolf trainer that their starting netminder had suffered a
concussion in the 2nd period intermission.  i also had a chance to
visit with WCHA officials supervisor greg shepherd who was checking
things out this weekend.  Air force is a nice opportunity for some of
the more experienced wcha linesmen to put on the red arm bands.  Air
force has had john campion, john elvy, and now ??? romano from
houghton taking on those chores.  Same two teams tomorrow afternoon.

In the interim between this afternoon's CC game and this evenings Air
force game, I caught my own University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
Gold womans volleyball team winning the second game from airforce.
unfortunately, UCCS lost the other 3 games and the match.

Note to mike, we have a woman trainer from merrimack, but i forgot her
name.

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369