Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 1994 22:19:57 -0500
The Gophers completed a sweep of those pesky Badgers tonight, winning
5-2 in front of an announced crowd of 16,000-some.  I'd say it was more
like 13,000-some.  The Badgers outshot the Gophers, but that is about
where their highlights ended.  Once again, as I mentioned yesterday,
Daubenspeck (WI goalie) was chippy, and at least this time received a
penalty for his actions.  His performance wasn't quite as stellar as
Friday night.  Friday night he was the only factor that kept Wisconsin
in the game, making some unbelievable saves.  The Gophers got 2 in the
first, 2 in the second, and 1 in the third.  Badgers got one in the
second, and one with about 2 minutes left in the game.  Wisconsin fans
continue to puzzle me, especially the one *male* fan dressed up resembling
raggedy Ann with a W shirt on.  Nice red yarn pig-tails :)  I saw a few
hockey-l'ers there, Pam, Carol, Eric and Paula...but they didn't see me :(
Gophers continue to impress me, especially the freshman.  Veterans such
as Trebil, Bonin, McHugh and Brink played well also, and my new favorite
player, Dave Larson, was always....trying.  He means well, and if one
happens to go in off him, heck, good day!

Rough game summary (full one to follow in the morning)

1st Period:
MN Bonin
MN Brink

2nd Period:
MN Bell
WI Tok
MN Woog

3rd Period:
MN Larson (Good day!)
WI Spencer

Goalies were Daubenspeck (WI) and Callinan (MN)

Katie
Go Gophers!   4 - 0 - 0
Go Moose!     3 - 5 - 2