From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 12:41:30 EDT
From:         Steve Twombly <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      The UMass Rivalry.....Let the games begin!

I just wanted to point out a game that will most likely begin a huge
rivalry
in the state of Massachusetts.  UMass-Lowell will play UMass-Amherst Sat
in
Lowell.  The Lowell campus is covered with graffiti from the people at
Amherst.

[snip]

In fact, I bumped into Lowell AD Wayne Edwards over the weekend.  He said
he pretty much expected the game to be a sellout.  (It's homecoming
weekend too).  Mass. Governer Bill Weld and Lt. Gov. Paul Celucci will be
in attendance at Tully as well.  If/when the game sells out, it will be, I
believe, the first sellout since Lowell's been Div. 1.  Let's hope it's
the first of many!!!

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go River Hawks!!!!!!!!
Univ. of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988