From:
"Aiello, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aiello, Dave
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 08:35:11 U
Ralph Baer wrote:

>Someone asked a couple of weeks ago about the current location of John
>Carter and Ken Hammond both of whom played in Providence (AHL) last
>year but are no longer there....Carter is now playing in Worcester.

>Also Graeme Townsend (sp?) ('89) is playing in the IHL (I think in
>Houston).

I saw John Carter playing for the Worcester Ice Cats on ESPN 2 last week.  He
was wearing the "A" on his jersey for assistant captain.  I have noticed that
AHL teams generally do not designate as captains players who may be called up
to the NHL.  Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume that Worcester expects
him to be there for the whole season.

A few days before that, I saw about 45 seconds of an IHL game on ESPN 2 in
which I saw Graeme Townshend playing for the Houston Aeros.  (Graeme was one of
my college roommates.  So, I'm sure about the spelling of Graeme's name, but
unsure of the spelling of his team's name -- this may be a first.)  He signed a
short time before the team was supposed to go to camp.

Carol Singer wrote:

>Ken Hammond signed as a free agent with the Kansas City Blades on July 8,
>1994.  (According to The Sporting News Complete Hockey Book 1994-95).

I saw this in the Transactions area of the Sports Section of my local paper
when it occurred and I forgot to mention it.  However, I do not know if he is
still with Kansas City, because I have not seem them play.

Dave Aiello (RPI '89)
Consultant
J.P. Morgan & Company, Inc.
New York