From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 07:17:30 -0400
Yes, we do have to pay for hockey tickets.  If I remember correctly, we
pay around $70 for most home games.  I say most because a few of them are
scheduled over breaks (winter, spring) so we have to buy those seperately
(and usually those games are "family and kids" night or something else
annoying like that!).

And, yes, we have to pay for football and basketball too, but when you
get 105,000 in a stadium each paying (let's say) on average $20 (probably
more) that's a lot of money the school gets.  All the other sports, to my
knowledge, don't have tickets.

I know the only 2 programs that run in the black at Michigan are football
and basketball, and these 2 pay for everything else.  Hockey runs around
$35,000 or so in the red, which isn't bad.  Without ticket money it would
be much muchmore.

---
Eric Rickin ([log in to unmask])
University of Michigan Class of 1996