From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 1994 23:15:52 -0400

> Well, hopefully someone has found a better source of information than I
> have.  It's been easy enough finding out who's gone to the NHL, but does
> anyone know if and where some of our college players are going to in the
> minors, invites to training camp,etc..  This has been extremely frustrating
> trying to find out, especially with seniors, who are drafted, but not signed
> or for players who went undrafted, but not unnoticed.  From watching the
> pro-am's many of the senior names, had an undecided for their future plans,
> but I thought that might be caution on their parts.  Don't want to jinx
> themselves or something. :->
> ---Tamara

Well, the last I was told (about a week-and-a-half ago), from the BU senior
class, Jon Pratt was set free by Dallas to sign wherever and he and Steve
Foster have been invited to training camp by the Providence Bruins.  They will
join former BU grads Phil VonStefenelli and Bavis (I forget which one) in
trying to win a spot in Providence.

Jon Jenkins has been invited to camp in Minnesota (whatever that new minor-
league team is) to try for a spot while Doug Friedman was (as of 1 1/2 weeks
ago) still being held in limbo by Quebec.  From what I could understand
(getting my info 2nd hand) it seems like Quebec, who owns his rights, has
hot invited him to camp, yet has not released him yet.  They are still
trying to make up their mind.  Doug appears to NOT be enjoying the situation
at all.

Well, that's it for BU.  (And obviously Pomichter jumped early to sign with
Chicago)

I really don't know about anyone else.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre