From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 09:34:16 -0500
Keith writes:

>Finally, here is a hare-brained idea sure to please all who think
>college hockey should be more exciting. Why not have a shootout
>(worth 1 league point) after EVERY game? Is your team losing 9-2?
>No worry, you can still salvage a point by winning the shootout.
>Trailing by 5 points with 2 games left? No worry, just win both
>games and both shootouts and you pick up 6 quick league points.

Yes!  But, why wait until after the game for the shootout?  It could be
before the game, or between periods.  This would accomodate all those fans
who like to leave early, yet would like to experience the excitement of the
shootout.

In fact, why not get a few fans and have THEM take the shots, using a board
in place of a goalie.  What's that?  We're doing that already?  Never mind.

-- Erik